Senior Applications Engineer
Working closely with sales, product management and R&D teams, you will provide technical support to enable customers to design Picocom’s silicon and software products into their products.
You will help new customers to evaluate Picocom products and maintain support relationships with established customers, if necessary (and if possible) travelling to their premises. This may involve jointly designing systems using Picocom’s products to meet a customer’s needs.
Relevant Experience, Skills and Knowledge
Candidates are likely to have had at least five years’ experience in relevant fields.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a relevant technical field.
- Willingness to engage in a professional and helpful manner with our customers’ technical teams.
- Ability to present and explain technical information.
- Experience in the development and debugging of real-time embedded systems.
- Competence in ‘C’ language coding.
- Basic knowledge of Linux-based systems.
- Ability to use a scripting languages (preferably Python).
In addition, successful candidates are likely to have experience in at least two of the following:
- Working knowledge of 3GPP LTE and/or 5G physical and upper layers.
- Experience working with technical standards for telecoms and/or networking.
- Experience of IEEE1588 Precision Time Protocol.
- An understanding of Ethernet and IP networking.
- Experience with digital interfacing and bus standards, e.g. PCIe, I2C, SPI, SERDES.
- Experience using RF test equipment including vectors signal generation and analysis.
- Experience of electronic hardware design.
- Experience with customer support and/or bug tracking systems (eg: Salesforce, Jira).
- Experience in using modern software development methodologies, including version and configuration control systems, continuous development and continuous integration.
To apply for this job email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org